- 12 asparagus spears, fresh
- 4 tablespoons The Spicy Olive's Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon herbal salt, Seasonella Aromatic brand preferred
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices (around 12 total)
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, 12 slices
- Dried crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
Step 1: Cut the asparagus tips into 2-inch lengths. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Place asparagus tips in a 15×10-inch rimmed baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of The Spicy Olive’s Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil and toss to coat.
Step 3: Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Preheat broiler.
Step 4: Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
Step 5: Top each slice with Gouda and asparagus. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy these party-perfect appetizers from our friends at The Spicy Olive!