- - SALMON PATTIES -
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- - SESAME MAYONNAISE -
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine salmon, shallots, ginger, egg, crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Form mixture into eight 1-inch thick patties, packing each firmly; transfer to a plate. Place in freezer until just firm, about 20 minutes.
Step 2: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties; cook until browned on both sides and just opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes per side, turning carefully. Serve with lime wedges and Sesame Mayonnaise, if desired.
Step 3: Sesame Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, scallions, lime juice, and sesame oil. Chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy these easy & nutritious Asian salmon patties from Chef Kathy Damm!