- - FOR THE SALAD -
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 heads kale, shredded
- 2 honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- - FOR THE CIDER VINAIGRETTE -
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: On the prepared baking sheet, toss together the pepitas, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer. Lay the prosciutto flat around the pepitas. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pepitas are toasted and the prosciutto is crisp.
Step 3: Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the kale, apples, and pomegranates.
Step 4: To Make the Vinaigrette: Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Add the apple cider vinegar, fig preserves, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Step 5: Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine. Top the salad with toasted pepitas, prosciutto, and feta.
Step up your salad game with this recipe from HalfBakedHarvest!