- 4-6 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless), or 4 chicken breats pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning OR 1/2 teaspoon each: dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme
- 1/2 cup juliened sun dried tomatoes (they come in a jar packed with oil, be sure to drain excess oil)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half, or heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese + 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for topping
- fresh basil or thyme, for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
Step 2: Add garlic, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, half and half or heavy cream, and 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese to pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and continue to stir periodically until thickened and creamy (5-7 minutes).
Step 3: Return chicken to pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Top with cracked black pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, fresh thyme or basil, and serve.
Enjoy this recipe from Crème de la Crumb!