- 6 roasted red peppers, skin removed
- 1/4 lb. goat cheese
- 12 pitted imported black olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 & 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal for dredging
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Make one lengthwise slit down each roasted pepper and remove seeds.
In medium bowl, mas cheese to soften, add olives, green onions, and rosemary. Divide into 6 portions and shape each portion into a cylinder.
Place one cheese cylinder into each pepper. Wrap the pepper around the cheese, overlapping the edges.
Roll stuffed peppers in cornmeal to coat well. Transfer peppers to a baking dish dusted with cornmeal. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat shallow roasting pan with oil. Arrange peppers in pan and bake until heated through and cornmeal coating is crisp, 5 – 10 minute baking time.
Arrange on a serving platter and cut each into 4 slices. Enjoy!