- - CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS -
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mashed banana (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- - HONEY CINNAMON FROSTING INGREDIENTS -
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In the well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not over mix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
Bake until a tooth pick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting (instructions below). Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place on each cupcake, if desired.
Honey-Cinnamon Frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
via Everyday Food Magazine. Enjoy!