- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope (1-1/2 ounces) beef Stroganoff seasoning for the slow cooker
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup port wine or beef broth
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
Step 1: In a large skillet, brown meat in oil. Add water and seasoning mix, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer meat and drippings to a 3-quart slow cooker.
Step 2: In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Combine the wine, mustard and sugar; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add to slow cooker; stir to combine.
Step 3: Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Enjoy this easy slow cooker stroganoff recipe from TasteOfHome!