- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 pounds beef chuck pot roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 carrots, cut into 3" chunks
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 3" chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Step 2: Pour vegetable oil into a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and black pepper. Brown the meat on both sides in the hot oil, and transfer to plate.
Step 3: Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the pot, and cook and stir until vegetables start to release their juices, about 3 minutes; loosen any brown flavor bits on the bottom of the pot. Add butter, and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then sprinkle in rosemary, stir the vegetables, and return the roast to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid.
Step 4: Roast in the preheated oven until the chuck roast is tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Season vegetables with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Drizzle roast with 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Enjoy this modified recipe inspired by AllRecipes! See the original here!