- 4 lobsters, 1 1/4 pounds each, or 1 pound cooked lobster meat (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pound sturdy pasta, like Penne
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups havled yellow or red cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan or Romano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Step 1: If using whole lobsters, cook them in abundant boiling water for 6 minutes. Cool, remove meat from tail, claws, and knuckles, and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
Step 2: Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook pasta.
Step 3: Meanwhile, pour olive oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute, without browning. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season generously with salt and pepper, sauté until tomatoes begin to soften. Add lobster meat, stir to coat, cook 1 minute, then turn off heat until pasta is ready.
Step 4: When pasta is al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Step 5: Add reserved water & whipping cream to skillet, bring to a gentle simmer and add cheese. Simmer 1 minute, then add pasta. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Add basil, toss once more. Serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional fresh grated cheese if desired.