- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 1/4 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons harissa (or use another thick hot sauce, such as sriracha)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (do not use Greek yogurt)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- Fresh, chopped dill, as needed
- Lemon juice, as needed
Step 1: Combine chicken and potatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together harissa, cumin, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Pour over chicken and potatoes and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine leeks, lemon zest, a pinch of salt, and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Step 3: Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange chicken and potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Roast 15 minutes. Toss potatoes lightly. Scatter leeks over pan. Roast until chicken and potatoes are cooked through and everything is golden and slightly crisped, 25 to 30 minutes longer.
Step 4: While the chicken cooks, place yogurt in a small bowl. Grate garlic over yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Optional* If you are not a fan of yogurt you can skip this and use sour cream!
Step 5: To serve, spoon yogurt over chicken and vegetables in the pan. Scatter arugula and dill over mixture. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice and serve.
via NYT Cooking