- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more, room temperature, for bread
- 8 slices cranberry-walnut or country-style bread
- 6 ounces raclette or Gruyere, grated
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Truffle honey or regular honey (for serving)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 300°. Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium. Butter one side of each slice of bread and place 4 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top bread with cheese, reduce heat to low, and cook until underside is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
Step 2: Top with remaining bread, buttered side up, turn sandwiches and cook until second side is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer sandwiches to a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm.
Step 3: Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes.
Step 4: Drizzle sandwiches with honey and top each with a fried egg.
Enjoy this fancy grilled cheese from BonAppetit!